October is OT Month - Let OSOT help you celebrate and promote!
October is national Occupational Therapy Month!
An annual opportunity for occupational therapists to both celebrate and promote their profession, OT Month is a good catalyst for thinking about one’s role and opportunities to promote the profession or one’s services or practice throughout
OSOT encourages members to get involved
with OT Month! We’re here to help – with resources, suggestions and province-wide initiatives to both support members’ efforts and to promote OT across Ontario.
How can OSOT Support your OT Month Planning?
- View OSOT's OT Month Checklist 2018 - 10 simple ways to celebrate and promote during OT Month...AND...lots of resource links to assist you!
- Get to know the promotional resources and OT Month tips and suggestions on the website at the Professional Promotion tab – they’re there to be used!
- Order your OT Promotional Products for October delivery! Last year's "I love OT" and "OT: Making the Everyday Possible" keychains were very popular - they're well priced! View OSOT's Promotional Products.
- OTOntario.ca is the Society’s public facing website – a ready resource for you to use in your communications to link clients, referral sources, public audiences, etc. to consumer friendly information about OT. Why not include a link to this site in your email signature always! You'll find handouts/flyers that build on the themes of the OTOntario website in the Promotional Flyers tab of the website. Hey....we're launching a new look for OTOntario.ca in October just in time for OT Month - check it out!
- Plan to attend OSOT's OT Month Celebration Reception at Conference 2018! Ontario OTs are gathering in Richmond Hill, October 19 - 20th...a perfect occasion for an OT Month celebration. Make Conference attendance your OT Month gift to yourself - a PD, networking, professionally renewing treat! Learn more about Conference!
- Access one of OSOT’s archived webinars. Many are FREE and provide a forum for an OT Month gathering!
- Monitor OSOT’s Facebook page, LinkedIn and Twitter feeds for posts that promote OT, that provide information or resources of interest to clients that you can re-post/tweet to promote OT. Watch for our OT Month social media campaign (including 3 new OT-promoting videos!) designed to engage you in sharing our posts/tweets with your networks!
- OSOT is a partner in Change Day Ontario 2018! We think this change movement is a perfect fit with OT Month and encourage all members to get involved and make a pledge to improve quality, compassionate health care in Ontario in whatever small way you can. Learn more about this initiative and how to get involved!
- Check out our OT Month Municipal Proclamation Project and see all the communities across Ontario that have proclaimed October "Occupational Therapy Month". If your city/town has made a proclamation - build this recognition into your OT Month celebrations.
What is OSOT doing for OT Month 2018?
Check out all our plans and activities and don't hesitate to join in and support all that we are doing to promote OT in Ontario! Let's have a terrific OT Month 2018!