OSOT Career Opportunity - Seeking Manager, Professional Practice
Share a vision and passion for the profession of occupational therapy in Ontario?
Seeking a unique career development opportunity?
OSOT is seeking an occupational therapist to be our new Manager, Professional Practice and join our dedicated staff team in Toronto, Ontario. The successful candidate will lead all of the Society’s services that support our members’ professional practice and will support advocacy and professional promotion functions. These services are critical to the Society’s ability to deliver upon its mission which is to lead by providing vision, voice, visibility and value for Ontario occupational therapists.
This position also assumes responsibility and leadership in the absence of the Executive Director. We believe there is opportunity for career advancement for the right individual.
Join our 5 person team that supports the vision and activities of the Society’s Board of Directors and our considerable volunteer workforce all working to support occupational therapists to be the best they can be and to position the profession of occupational therapy to be a valued and recognized contributor to the health and well-being of Ontarians both today and for tomorrow.
In the role of Manager, Professional Practice you will:
- Provide oversight and development of OSOT’s resources and services to meet the professional development and practice support needs of member occupational therapists.
- Provide an annual professional development activities plan and action plans to direct a strategic program of workshops, webinars, conference, etc. that meet identified member needs.
- Collaborate with OSOT Event Coordinator to enable timely planning, execution and promotion of administrative aspects of program delivery.
- Responsible for an annual Conference program developed in collaboration with a Conference Planning Team to support strategic needs of membership for professional development. Supervises external Conference Planner contract, providing oversight to planning and promotion of annual conference.
- Develop and direct membership networking options to promote peer support, mentoring and sharing of best practice.
- Assess and develop website practice resource content and oversees management and regular updating.
- Develop and manage professional practice project budgets in keeping with OSOT policy and procedure.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to OSOT’s professional practice activities to support achievement of OSOT’s goals/mission.
- Establish linkages and partnerships that promote inter-professional/stakeholder educational opportunities and collaborations.
- Respond to member practice related enquiries, identifying trends and issues that may inform priorities.
- Oversee activities of OSOT Teams and/or working groups who support professional practice objectives and acts as a primary staff contact to facilitate effective use of volunteer resources to advance strategic priorities and to assure meaningful volunteer experiences.
- Support advocacy and professional promotion activities of the profession to ensure a cohesive focus in OSOT’s professional practice activities to priorities of the strategic plan.
If you have a strong interest in supporting practice excellence in Ontario, in supporting occupational therapists to position their services
in the province’s health system and can demonstrate the following skills, we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 5 years occupational therapy practice experience, currently registered to practice in Ontario
- Past experience at a managerial level or as a supervisor is ideal.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple/complex projects, priority setting, organizing workflow & meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a team context, skilled at collaborative achievement.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills and ability to provide counsel/guidance to members, committees and volunteers.
- Proven commitment to evidence-informed practice
- Excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to target communications for particular audiences and ability to write/edit for publication
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, powerpoint, basic web content management software
To apply, please forward a letter of application, your resume and your compensation expectations (must be included to be considered) to Anita Cowling at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.