Resources for Promoting OT
Useful Links for Promoting OT
Find information, resources and supports for your OT promotional activities at:
Success Stories and Testimonials
The use of stories of real individuals and the impact of OT on their lives adds heart and a human face to your conversations about OT with community members and the media. See Success Stories collected by OSOT. Why not use this format, change your client's identity and create OT success stories of your own! In fact, we've developed a simple online tool to share your success story. Submit your story online (even in bulleted format) and we'll help you polish it and ready it for posting on the OTOntario website!
Advocacy Awareness Months, Weeks & Days
Promote occupational therapy throughout the year in relation to advocacy months, weeks or days! Tie your OT promotions to advocacy months and leverage the strategic relevance to your audience. Look for resources on the OSOT website, on the internet or in your practice promotions kit bag! See listing of Advocacy/Special Awareness Months.
Quotes to Celebrate Occupation!
Members have forwarded quotes that lend well to promotions and presentations relating to occupational therapy. Consider:
- "Three grand essentials to happiness in life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." - Addison
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey
- "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all" - Martin Luther King
- "It's not what we get but who we become, what we contribute....that gives meaning to our lives." - Anthony Robbins
- "The greatest joy lies not in simply being but in becoming." - Opray Winfrey
- "Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our attention." - Theodore Rubin
- "What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." - Oprah Winfrey
- "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." - Confucius
- "The highest reward for a person' s toil is not what they get from it, but what they become by it." - John Ruskin
- "It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula LeGuinn
- "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small task as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller
- "If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all." - Martin Luther King
Thanks for "doing your part to promote OT!"