OSOT Career Opportunity - Seeking Manager, Professional Practice (14 month contract)
Share a vision and passion for the profession of occupational therapy in Ontario?
OSOT is seeking an occupational therapist to to assume a 14 month contract (with a possibility for extension) to cover a parental leave commencing July 2019
Seeking a unique career development opportunity?
. Assuming the role of Manager, Professional Practice
the successful candidate will lead the Society's services that support our members' professional practice and help to inform advocacy and professional promotion functions. These services are critical to the Society's ability to deliver upon its mission which is to lead by providing vision, voice, visibility and value for Ontario occupational therapists.
This full-time position is an important complement in the 5 person staff team that supports the vision and activities of the Society's Board of Directors and our considerable volunteer workforce all working to support occupational therapists to be the best they can be and to position the profession of occupational therapy to be a valued and recognized contributor to the health and well-being of Ontarians both today and for tomorrow.
In the role of Manager, Professional Practice you will:
- Provide oversight and development of OSOT's resources and services to meet the professional development and practice support needs of member occupational therapists.
- Provide oversight direction to the Society's annual professional development activities plan to direct a strategic program of workshops, webinars, etc. that meet identified member needs.
- Collaborate with OSOT Events Coordinator to enable timely planning, execution and promotion of administrative aspects of program delivery.
- Develop and direct membership networking options to promote peer support, mentoring and sharing of best practice.
- Assess and develop website practice resource content and oversee management and regular updating.
- Develop and manage professional practice project budgets in keeping with OSOT policy and procedure.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to OSOT's professional practice activities to support achievement of OSOT's goals/mission.
- Establish linkages and partnerships that promote inter-professional/stakeholder educational opportunities and collaborations.
- Develop a plan for professional development activities for the 2020 -21 membership year.
- Respond to member practice related enquiries, identifying trends and issues that may inform priorities.
- Oversee activities of OSOT Teams and/or working groups who support professional practice objectives and act as a primary staff contact to facilitate effective use of volunteer resources to advance strategic priorities and to assure meaningful volunteer experiences.
- Support advocacy and professional promotion activities of the profession to ensure a cohesive focus of OSOT's professional practice activities to priorities of the strategic plan.
If you have a strong interest in supporting practice excellence in Ontario, in supporting occupational therapists to position their services in the province's health system
and can demonstrate the following skills, we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 5 years occupational therapy practice experience, currently registered to practice in Ontario
- Past experience at a managerial level or as a supervisor is ideal.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple/complex projects, priority setting, organizing workflow & meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a team context, skilled at collaborative achievement.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills and ability to provide counsel/guidance to members, committees and volunteers.
- Proven commitment to evidence-informed practice
- Excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to target communications for particular audiences and ability to write/edit for publication
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Powerpoint, basic web content management software
To apply, please forward a letter of application, your resume and your compensation expectations (must be included to be considered) to
Anita Cowling at firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than May 3, 2019.
While OSOT appreciates all applicants' interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We respectfully request no phone calls.
OSOT is an equal opportunity employer