October is OT Month - Let OSOT help you celebrate and promote!
October is national Occupational Therapy Month!
An annual opportunity for occupational therapists to both celebrate and promote their profession, OT Month is a good catalyst for thinking about one’s role and opportunities to promote the profession or one’s services or practice throughout
OSOT encourages members to get involved
with OT Month! We’re here to help – with resources, suggestions and province-wide initiatives to both support members’ efforts and to promote OT across Ontario.
How can OSOT Support your OT Month Planning?
- Get to know the promotional resources and OT Month tips and suggestions on the website at the Professional Promotion tab – they’re there to be used!
- Order your OT Promotional Products for October delivery! Last year's "I love OT" and "OT: Making the Everyday Possible" keychains were very popular - they're well priced! View OSOT's Promotional Products.
- OTOntario.ca is the Society’s public facing website – a ready resource for you to use in your communications to link clients, referral sources, public audiences, etc. to consumer friendly information about OT. Why not include a link to this site in your email signature always! You'll find handouts/flyers that build on the themes of the OTOntario website in the Promotional Flyers tab of the website.
- Watch for the launch of our new leadership in mOTion podcast series to be launched in October! What better way to celebrate OT Month than to celebrate and aspire to leadership in our profession?
- Access one of OSOT’s archived webinars. Many are FREE and provide a forum for an OT Month gathering! Search the listing now and plan an OT get-together!
- Monitor OSOT’s Facebook page, LinkedIn and Twitter feeds for posts that promote OT, that provide information or resources of interest to clients that you can re-post/tweet to promote OT. Watch for our OT Month social media campaign (including our OT-promoting videos!) designed to engage you in sharing our posts/tweets with your networks!
- Get involved in OSOT's support of Change Day Ontario 2019! We think this change movement is a perfect fit with OT Month and encourage all members to get involved and make a pledge to improve quality, compassionate health care in Ontario in whatever small way you can. We'll help you learn more about this initiative and how to get involved to profile how much OT can add to Ontario's health care system!
- Watch for OSOT's OT Month Promotions - on radio and in digital space! We're promoting occupational therapy with a digital marketing campaign throughout October that will share messages of our new animated videos and draw viewers to OTOntario.ca. Further, we're launching a one week radio ad campaign the week of October 21st. We'll keep you posted ... but know we're working to promote OT in Ontario!
What is OSOT doing for OT Month 2019?
Check out all our plans and activities and don't hesitate to join in and support all that we are doing to promote OT in Ontario! Let's have a terrific OT Month 2019!