Promoting OT as an Essential Resource to Aging Well
June is Seniors Month in Ontario!
This presents a strategic opportunity to promote occupational therapy as an essential resource to seniors health and well-being. OSOT is doing just that!
- Introduced to members in May 2021, we've taken the En-AGE web portal public, introducing it to our target audiences including older adults, their families and caregivers, community organizations serving seniors as well as organizational leads and policy makers that influence access to supports for older adults.
- We've hosted a month long digital marketing campaign that positions our messaging and a call to action to visit www.En-AGE.ca with targeted advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Google search.
- We've circulated a targeted promotional email through Zoomer Media to 50,000 age appropriate Ontario residents that introduces En-AGE.ca and occupational therapy as a resource for aging well.
- We promoted OT and the En-AGE web portal through the Older Adult Centre Association of Ontario (OACAO) to its member Seniors Active Living Centres. See our listing on their website and our ad (page 45) in their summer newsletter. We're also presenting a webinar to member centres on occupational therapy and healthy aging.
- We've promoted the site to the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility and are so pleased to have their review "..thanks for reaching out and sharing all this great news and updates. En-AGE.ca is truly a testament to you and your teams hard work. Let’s find some time to set up a meeting for the first few weeks of July."
Launch of En-AGE Webinar Series - a complimentary professional development opportunity for OSOT members
- Dr. Barry Trentham and Dr. Sachi Wijekoon delivered the first in our 11 part series Enabling Ageing, Growth and Engagement.
- View this archived webinar EN-AGE: Positioning OTs as Leaders in Seniors' Care Work with seniors? Wish to work with seniors? Plan to attend all webinars!
- These evidence based webinars will inform your practice, challenge you to consider new innovations and engage you in advancing OT services for older adults in Ontario.