Inn of Waterloo and Conference Centre
Wagner Room - Salon B
475 King St North
Waterloo, ON, N2J 2Z5
- Understanding the need for a M.A.T. Assessment.
- Covering all aspects of the assessment related not only to the physical assessment, but also cognition and reflexes.
- Postural tendencies through the growing years.
- Spine, pelvis and limb growth and development related to a seated posture.
- Understanding of three point positioning.
- Primitive reflexes affecting seating choices.
- Gravitational forces related to postural control and positioning.
About our Presenter:
Sheila Buck is an occupational therapist who has been working in the field of seating and mobility for over 20 years. She has presented papers and workshops at national and international conferences on topics of basic and advanced positioning with emphasis on pressure management, cognitive functioning and maintaining independent living skills and restraint reduction.
Sheila is the owner of Therapy NOW! Inc., in Southern Ontario, CANADA. Therapy NOW! is an occupational therapy company providing private consultation and education on seating and mobility assessments and prescription.
Most recently, Sheila has authored a clinical guide for seating and mobility titled: 'More Than 4 Wheels: Applying clinical practice to seating, mobility and assistive technology'.
*Exhibitors will be available to network and to showcase their products*
Fees: (Early Bird Deadline - January 15, 2019)
OSOT Member: Early Bird: $250 - Regular: $300
Non-Member: Early Bird: $350 - Regular: $400
OSOT Student Member: Early Bird: $150 - Regular: $180
**If your are not an OSOT member, you must create and account to register or login to an existing non-member account that you have created**
Note: Refunds will be issued provided a request is made to the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists two weeks prior to the event. Refunds will be given in full less a 15% administrative charge.