October is Occupational Therapy Month!
Canadian occupational therapists celebrate and promote their profession for the whole month of October! Take part in this annual opportunity to pool our promotional resources and to have a meaningful community impact. Consider OT Month the annual launch of your year-round OT promotion/marketing. It's always a great time to promote OT!
OSOT’s OT Month 2016 Strategy
The Society engages actively in both promoting occupational therapy and facilitating members’ ability and opportunity to promote their profession and services themselves, in their workplaces, in their communities, and across their networks.
View your OT Month 2016 "Doing my Part to Promote OT" Checklist.
What is OSOT doing to promote OT during OT Month 2016?
- We're engaging an OT Month Proclamation initiative again this year. This was so successful in 2015 we can count on this getting bigger yet this year! In fact, because communities have made commitments to proclaim OT Month in advance, this year we're building resources to assist members to leverage this municipal attention to coverage through local media outlets! Watch for email details to share communities that have committed to proclamations and how you can take part in media promotions.
- We're committing our professional promotion dollars this year to the development of 4 animated video segments that will promote occupational therapy as a profession that makes the everyday possible.
- We’re launching a social media promotional campaign we hope members will embrace and share - it's so easy to do so on Facebook and Twitter!
- We’re hosting a 3rd annual MPP Luncheon at Queen’s Park to provide an opportunity for networking and sharing information and stories of impact of occupational therapy with our members of the provincial parliament. Last year's luncheon opened doors for OSOT to participate in the provincial dementia care strategy, in mental health awareness initiatives in Kingston, in discussions about the provincial roundtables' input on palliative care and more! Of course our own messaging about the important roles OTs play in seniors health & well-being and community care were stressed in our presentation to our guests!
- We’ve designed a new OT promotional product – OT key chains....something that both OTs and the public will use that promotes OT and our pride in our profession! Inexpensive and perfect for promotional displays, passing out to referral sources, sharing with friends and family....we even have a design for the OT in YOU!
- We're developing Promotional Tip Sheets to support member engagement in easy promoting initiatives with new promotional resources.
- We’re hosting our annual “Launch to OT Month” Reception at Conference 2016 in Mississauga!
- And because OT Month is also about celebrating OTs ....we're launching 2 new member supporting services - an enhanced and now web-based OSOT Mentorship Program and a new online Find-a-Colleague service - both designed to support your networking and professional development.
- And of course we’re offering suggestions, promotional resources and promotional products to support you to get involved and to Do Your Part to Promote OT!
There will be lots going on! It’s not too early to get started thinking about what you and your colleagues will do to do your part to promote OT!
Join in! Do your part to promote OT!
- Download OSOT’s OT Month Checklist 2016 for simple ideas to engage in promoting your profession and services
- Monitor our list of municipalities that proclaim October OT Month and help us promote that through your local media.
- Commit to get to know OSOT’s website WELL during OT Month…your best resource for information to lend context to promoting OT services in Ontario.
- Engage with colleagues and plan an OT Month event (see the checklist)
- Join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as we promote the use of social media to promote awareness and information about OT…and…to access terrific promotional resources.
- Share your OT Month activities to enrich our list of suggestions for next year! See last year’s collection of activities.
More OT Month Planning Resources
Thanks for "Doing your Part to Promote OT"