October is Occupational Therapy Month!
Canadian occupational therapists celebrate and promote their profession for the whole month of October! Take part in this annual opportunity to pool our promotional resources and to have a meaningful community impact. Consider OT Month the annual launch of your year-round OT promotion/marketing. It's always a great time to promote OT!
OSOT’s OT Month 2017 Strategy
The Society engages actively in both promoting occupational therapy and facilitating members’ ability and opportunity to promote their profession and services themselves, in their workplaces, in their communities, and across their networks.
View your OT Month 2017 "Doing my Part to Promote OT" Checklist.
What is OSOT doing to promote OT during OT Month 2017?
- We're engaging an OT Month Proclamation initiative again this year. This was so successful in 2016 we can count on this getting bigger yet this year! In fact, because communities have made commitments to proclaim OT Month in advance, this year we're building resources to assist members to leverage this municipal attention to coverage through local media outlets! Watch for email details to share communities that have committed to proclamations and how you can take part in media promotions.
- We're hosting Regional Strategic Planning Forums at 7 sites across the province to engage members in identifying ways to bring our visions for a bright future for OT in Ontario to reality. View the schedule of events, engage your colleagues and register to attend!
- We're committing our professional promotion dollars this year to the development of animated video segments that will promote occupational therapy as a profession that makes the everyday possible. Developing this fall, these should be ready for launch in early 2018!
- We’re launching a social media promotional campaign we hope members will embrace and share. We make it easy for you to promote OT - just share our posts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with your networks!
- We've committed to be a Partner of Ontario's first Change Day Ontario because we know OTs are innovative problem solvers, leaders and terrific change agents! We'll be asking members to make pledges to support the movements goals of enabling more compassionate quality health care. Learn more.
- We’ve stocked up on the popular OT promotional product – OT key chains....something that both OTs and the public will use that promotes OT and our pride in our profession! Inexpensive and perfect for promotional displays, passing out to referral sources, sharing with friends and family....we even have a design for the OT in YOU!
- We're promoting our new consumer focused online Find-an-OT Tool which enables the public, referrers and funders to find private Occupational Therapists who can accept referrals in their area with the skills and practice focus that they seek. What better way to promote OT than to ensure people looking to access our services can find the OT they need!
- And of course we’re offering suggestions, promotional resources and promotional products to support you to get involved and to Do Your Part to Promote OT!
There will be lots going on! It’s not too early to get started thinking about what you and your colleagues will do to do your part to promote OT!
Join in! Do your part to promote OT!
- Download OSOT’s OT Month Checklist 2017 for simple ideas to engage in promoting your profession and services
- Monitor our list of municipalities that proclaim October OT Month and help us promote that through your local media.
- Commit to get to know OSOT’s website WELL during OT Month…your best resource for information to lend context to promoting OT services in Ontario.
- Engage with colleagues and plan an OT Month event (see the checklist)
- Join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as we promote the use of social media to promote awareness and information about OT…and…to access terrific promotional resources.
- Share your OT Month activities to enrich our list of suggestions for next year! See last year’s collection of activities.
More OT Month Planning Resources
Thanks for "Doing your Part to Promote OT"