This webinar will review recent research in concussion management that focuses on occupational based assessment and treatment. A general overview of the most recent guidelines in concussion management will be provided followed by an overview of several recent studies conducted by occupational therapists. Evidence to support occupation focused assessment, educational interventions, meta-cognitive strategy training and activity-based interventions will be presented.
Join our presenters on June 26, 2019 for:
- Evidence supporting occupation focused assessment and interventions.
- The importance of occupational focused interventions in concussion management.
- How meta-cognitive strategy training, energy management education, and activity based interventions support concussion recovery.
- Applicable to any level
- Occupational therapists working in primary care
- Occupational therapists with clients with mTBI/concussion
- Anyone with an interest in occupation based concussion management
About Our Presenters:
Dr. Hunt is an occupational therapist with over 25 years of experience working with people with acquired brain injuries including concussion. Her research focuses on developing and evaluating occupation focused assessments and interventions to support individuals with brain injury to engage optimally in meaningful activity in every day life. In addition to her work at Bloorview, Dr. Hunt is also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy at University of Toronto.
Fees: (All fees are plus HST)
Student Members: $30
Non Member: $75
Refund Policy: Refunds will be given provided that a request is received by the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists no less than 10 business days prior to the event. Refunds will be given in full less a $10.00 administrative charge.
NOTE: Once you have registered for this event, you must proceed to checkout by clicking the "Proceed to Checkout" button.