October is Occupational Therapy Month!
Canadian occupational therapists celebrate and promote their profession for the whole month of October! Take part in this annual opportunity to pool our promotional resources and to have a meaningful community impact. Consider OT Month the annual launch of your year-round OT promotion/marketing. It's always a great time to promote OT!
OSOT’s OT Month 2019 Strategy
The Society engages actively in both promoting occupational therapy and facilitating members’ ability and opportunity to promote their profession and services themselves, in their workplaces, in their communities, and across their networks.
What is OSOT doing to promote OT during OT Month 2019?
- We're engaging a digital marketing campaign throughout the month of October to profile our animated videos and to link people to OTOntario.ca where they can learn more about OT!
- We're launching a week long radio campaign the week of October 21st - morning/evening radio listeners in the GTA will hear messages promoting occupational therapy tied to local traffic reports!
- We’re launching a social media promotional campaign we hope members will embrace and share. We make it easy for you to promote OT - just share our posts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with your networks!
- We're going to challenge our Members to a Photo Contest to help us tell the story of the importance of participation in meaningful occupations for senior citizens
- We're sharing our promotional videos with key stakeholder organizations to encourage their sharing of resources promoting OT.
- We're launching a new leadership in mOTion podcast series! What better way to celebrate and advance our profession than to learn from and aspire to be leaders?!
- We’ve stocked up on the popular OT promotional product – OT key chains, post-it notes, water bottles....something that both OTs and the public will use that promotes OT and our pride in our profession! Inexpensive and perfect for promotional displays, passing out to referral sources, sharing with friends and family....we even have a design for the OT in YOU!
- And of course we’re offering suggestions, promotional resources and promotional products to support you to get involved and to Do Your Part to Promote OT!
There will be lots going on! It’s not too early to get started thinking about what you and your colleagues will do to do your part to promote OT!
Join in! Do your part to promote OT!
- Download OSOT’s OT Month Checklist 2019 for simple ideas to engage in promoting your profession and services
- Commit to get to know OSOT’s website WELL during OT Month…your best resource for information to lend context to promoting OT services in Ontario.
- Engage with colleagues and plan an OT Month event (see the checklist)
- Join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as we promote the use of social media to promote awareness and information about OT…and…to access terrific promotional resources.
- Share your OT Month activities to enrich our list of suggestions for next year! See this year's collection of activities - OT Month Member Submissions 2018
More OT Month Planning Resources
Thanks for "Doing your Part to Promote OT"