October is Occupational Therapy Month!
Canadian occupational therapists celebrate and promote their profession for the whole month of October! Take part in this annual opportunity to pool our promotional resources and to have a meaningful community impact. Consider OT Month the annual launch of your year-round OT promotion/marketing. It's always a great time to promote OT!
OSOT’s OT Month 2018 Strategy
The Society engages actively in both promoting occupational therapy and facilitating members’ ability and opportunity to promote their profession and services themselves, in their workplaces, in their communities, and across their networks.
What is OSOT doing to promote OT during OT Month 2018?
- We're engaging an OT Month Proclamation initiative again this year. This has been successful in recent years and we project it can be bigger yet this year! In fact, because communities have made commitments to proclaim OT Month in advance, this year we're building resources to assist members to leverage this municipal attention to coverage through local media outlets! Watch for email details to share communities that have committed to proclamations and how you can take part in media promotions.
- We're launching 4 animated video segments that will promote occupational therapy as a profession that makes the everyday possible - at home, at school, in the hospital and in the community. Watch for the launch of these resources which you can use to educate patients, families, referral sources, your Board of Directors, etc.
- We're re-launching a refreshed OTOntario.ca website in time for OT Month promotions. With a fresh, updated new look and functionality we think our public facing website can be a terrific landing site for all your OT promotions!
- We’re launching a social media promotional campaign we hope members will embrace and share. We make it easy for you to promote OT - just share our posts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with your networks!
- We're promoting OT in an October campaign with ON the GO, Ontario's largest commuter communication. Focused in the GO and TTC systems in the Greater Toronto area, OSOT will have a 2-page spread in the October publication and visibility on media screens throughout the transit system.
- We're hosting a Student OT Photo Contest this fall. We know our students have a great creative eye and hope to expand the repertoire of graphic resources we can make available to members.
- We're hosting a BIG OT Month Reception at Conference 2018, October 18, 2018 in Richmond Hill. We'll celebrate our month, our profession and the wonderful community of OT that OSOT at ADVANCE! Journey to Excellence. See program and registration information.
- We've committed to be a Partner of Ontario's first Change Day Ontario because we know OTs are innovative problem solvers, leaders and terrific change agents! We'll be asking members to make pledges to support the movements goals of enabling more compassionate quality health care. Learn more.
- We’ve stocked up on the popular OT promotional product – OT key chains....something that both OTs and the public will use that promotes OT and our pride in our profession! Inexpensive and perfect for promotional displays, passing out to referral sources, sharing with friends and family....we even have a design for the OT in YOU!
- We're promoting our new consumer focused online Find-an-OT Tool which enables the public, referrers and funders to find private Occupational Therapists who can accept referrals in their area with the skills and practice focus that they seek. What better way to promote OT than to ensure people looking to access our services can find the OT they need!
- And of course we’re offering suggestions, promotional resources and promotional products to support you to get involved and to Do Your Part to Promote OT!
There will be lots going on! It’s not too early to get started thinking about what you and your colleagues will do to do your part to promote OT!
Join in! Do your part to promote OT!
More OT Month Planning Resources
Thanks for "Doing your Part to Promote OT"