Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
590 Argus Road
Oakville ON, L6J 3J3
This workshop is designed for OTs interested in improving their effectiveness in school-based practice. This one-day workshop will focus on two recent additions to evidence-informed interventions in occupational therapy - collaborative relationships and coaching. The workshop will use practical applications to highlight collaborative relationships and coaching strategies, and case examples will be used to practice building collaborative relationships and using coaching skills that will expand clinical skills and improve effectiveness in school-based practice.
Join Debra as she facilitates your learning in the following areas:
- Evidence for effective school-based occupational therapy practices.
- Differentiating a collaborative relationship from other working relationships.
- Strategies to develop collaborative relationships
- Concepts for coaching.
- Practical applications of coaching techniques.
- Case studies to practice applying new skills in collaboration and coaching.
About our Presenter:
Debra Kennedy has worked in school-based occupational therapy for over 30 years and is a skilled presenter. Through her master's thesis she came to appreciate the importance of building collaborative relationships and coaching skills as tools for OTs to use to enhance the capacity of teachers to program for students with disabilities. She has pursued additional training in collaboration and coaching skills and is keen to share her knowledge and skills to OTs seeking to grow in confidence and competence to use collaborative relationships and coaching in their school-based practices.
- Occupational Therapists, keen to enhance their skills providing school-based practice using current evidence-informed strategies, including collaborative relationship coaching.
- Students/New Graduates wishing to specialize in school-based OT.
*Exhibitors will be available to network and to showcase their products*
Fees: (Early Bird Deadline - April 2, 2019)
OSOT Member: Early Bird: $275 - Regular: $320
Non-Member: Early Bird: $335 - Regular: $400
OSOT Student Member: Early Bird: $180 - Regular: $210
**If your are not an OSOT member, you must create and account to register or login to an existing non-member account that you have created**
Note: Refunds will be issued provided a request is made to the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists two weeks prior to the event. Refunds will be given in full less a 15% administrative charge.