How to Find an Occupational Therapist in Ontario

Regardless of your age or situation there are several resources you can access. If you are in need of an Occupational Therapist the following are several avenues you can explore to find an OT or OT services close to you. 

  • Visit your family physician-your physician can provide you with a referral to eligible services in your local community.

  • If you are a member of a Family Health Team roster, contact your Team. Many Teams include occupational therapists who work with your doctor and other team members to meet your primary health care needs.

  • Contact your Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). The LHIN will assess you for eligible OT services in your home or school and can also provide you with information regarding local community rehabilitation programs that include OT as a part of an overall health program.

  • For a private services referral, please visit OT Ontario and fill out the online form.  We will try to provide you with a listing of OTs who can assist you on a fee basis.