Consultation on Proposed New Regulatory Fees for Auto Insurance Sector
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario
(FSRA) is a new, independent regulatory agency created to improve consumer and pension plan beneficiary protections in Ontario. At this time FSRA is establishing its organization and developing a transition plan to assume regulatory functions currently under the auspices of other agencies. To this point, FSRA will soon be replacing the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) and will assume regulatory responsibility for Ontario's auto insurance system.
FSRA is currently examining health service provider (HSP) licencing fees which sole practitioners and clinics pay for the ability to access HCAI and to bill auto insurers directly. FSRA has sent out a notice for public consultation and we would like YOU to have your say. Note the deadline is January 4, 2019.
Here is what FSRA is proposing for Health Service Provider Fees:
- $337 initial registration one-time fee remains unchanged
- Per location annual fee will increase from $128 to $155
- Per claimant annual fee will increase from $15 to $16
- Health Service providers with 6 or fewer claimants per year will pay NO annual fee; they must complete the AIR each year.
View the background and detail of these recommendations in the FSRA Notice. Specific detail about the proposed fees is noted in Appendix A, Part 4.3.
Here's where occupational therapists can have their say!
- Review the materials above.
- View the online consultation portal. You can provide feedback on the proposed fees or ask questions and receive an answer.
- Select COMMENT ON THIS RULE.
- Fill out your personal information. When it asks for your sector, select HEALTH SERVICE PROVIDER.
- Please provide your OWN comments about increasing licensing fees.
- Consider copying your responses and forwarding to OSOT at email@example.com so that we can monitor and support the profession's response.
You will note that the deadline for input is January 4, 2019. HOWEVER, we encourage you to respond promptly.