Ministry of Health Releases Updated Third Dose Recommendations Guidance and Extends Resource to Support Vaccinations
On February 7, 2022 the Ministry of Health released updated guidance on COVID-19 vaccinations. In this document, the government clarifies:
- The difference between a 3-dose primary series and a Booster Dose
- Recommendations for Intervals between doses/booster
- When a 3-dose primary series or Booster Dose is recommended for specific populations, including:
- Immunocompromised individuals
- those aged 12-29 years of age – to receive Pfizer-BioNTech (over Moderna)
- seniors, residents living in congregate settings
- First Nations, Inuit and Metis Adults
- health care workers, and
- those who completed their vaccinations with ONLY AstraZeneca/COVIDSHIELD or Janssen vaccines - to receive an mRNA booster/dose.
On February 8th, 2022 the Ministry announced it is extending free rides to vaccination sites for people with mobility issues. Through the Accessible Drive-to-Vaccines program
, individuals can receive free door-to-door rides to their vaccine appointments. This includes individuals with physical, mental, developmental, learning, mobility, vision, or hearing impairments.