Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Modernization
The Ministry of Transport (MTO) is offering a new online service. As part of an initiative to modernize the Ministry of Transportation’s Driver Medical Review (DMR) program and improve the overall client experience, the DMR office is launching new online self-service options for clients. Beginning March 29th, 2021, the Driver Medical Review Online Service will be available for individuals who have been contacted by the DMR office regarding a medical suspension or a request for additional information relating to their driving ability. This service will provide quick and easy access for clients to obtain information, including their case status and details about the information required by the ministry to review their case. Learn more about this service. Contact the MTO for further information.
Implications for Occupational Therapists
Occupational therapists should share this new online service with their clients. Clients can register for driver medical review services online if the Driver Medical Review (DMR) Office contacted them and assigned them a case number.
When they register, they will be able to:
- Access their case and communications from the DMR office
- Submit their driver medical review documents
- Ask them questions specific to their case
- Receive an email when a question is asked or when their case has been reviewed
- Manage their contact information and add or remove third-party representatives