New Ontario Autism Program - Implementation Update
The Ministry of Children, Community & Social Services has posted an update on progress of implementation of the new Ontario Autism Program. View Update.
In the new needs-based OAP, all children/youth up to age 18 with a written diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from a qualified professional will be eligible to register for the OAP. Families will have access to the following service pathways and program supports in the new program;
- Core clinical services that include Applied Behaviour Analysis, speech language pathology, occupational therapy, and mental health services
- Foundational family services for all families in the program, to build their capacity to support their children’s learning and development.
- Caregiver-mediated early years programs and entry to school services to help young children access critical services when they will benefit most, and to prepare them to enter school
- Urgent response services to support children and youth who are in services, or are waiting for service, and have significant and immediate needs;
- Care Coordinators to support families throughout their service journey by providing orientation to the program, service planning and navigation, and help with managing transition.
The update shares that there will be several calls for applications for components of the program in the next weeks including;
Learn about Upcoming Opportunities.